Provence style tomatoesPosted: August 25, 2014
Les tomates à la provençales (Provence style tomatoes) is a very versatile dish that can be a great side for most grilled meats, starting from a good steak. It can also be prepared and used in a quiche, adding goat chess, or bacon with it. Finally you can have it with eggs, any style. It is closed to what is known in the USA as broiled tomatoes. But the perfume of garlic and herbs transport you to the summer in Provence…
Ingredients for 2 or 3 people (if served as a side to a steak):
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of time leaves
- 1 tbsp of rosemary leaves
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat your oven at 450°F
- Cut each tomato in 2 halves, in its depth
- Pour a drop of oil in an oven dish, and place your tomatoes halves on 1 layer
- Chop your garlic, and herbs (if fresh) finely and sprinkle equally on your halves
- Top up with a little salt pepper and your olive oil
- Place inside your oven for 1hour and 30 minutes. You can also cook it in a pan with a lid, at medium low for 1hour 30.
- Wait a few minutes before serving as it is burning hot. Enjoy!
*The best tomatoes make the best result.
*To make it more kid-friendly, you might want to top up with a little bread crumb.